Monday, September 7, 2009

Lost another 11 lbs.

I went to the doctor on thursday, sept. 3 and I had lost another 11 lbs. That makes 26 lbs total in 2 months.
I am really not trying too hard. I just eat less and snack less and have smaller portions. I still treat myself to an ice cream sandwich a couple times a week. I enjoy eating popcorn I pop myself in the microwave in a special container. I use spray butter which is suppose to have no calories which I find hard to believe but at least it is less than melting butter on popcorn. I use popcorn salt that is fine and sticks to each kernel.
Some mornings when I get up, I take my pill and have a slim fast drink.
I need to explain my schedule. For the past 4 years, my husband has been retired. We don't have to get up in the mornings to go to work so we have been staying up until 3 or 4 in the morning. I enjoy playing games on a website called lalena.com. I also sing karaoke at singsnap.com (nickname gatyamgal) He tapes his soap opera, (young and the restless) and watches them in the evening. He also likes to look up things on ebay. Just last month we purchased over 60 things on ebay. He has been buying marble to put in our turtle tank. He has also bought pocket knives. Now he is remodelling his little section of the basement and has bought new headphones, and a cd player.
He's not the only one buying. I am buying workbasket magazines. I am trying to collect them all. I scan crochet instructions out of them and then I am going to resell them. I also bought this laptop I am using. It is the same as my other laptop (T-23 ibm thinkpad). I was able to get this one for $62. They usually go for $199. I have purchased a square trade warrantee on it and I am using it every day. It is just like new. I also bought a different digital camera. It is a casio exilim ex-z80. They sell for over $150 and I got it for $45. I had to order a battery and charger separate but that was just $15 for 2 batteries and a charger. They use the same flash card as my kodak so that works out great. My favorite camera is still my canon s400. I have 2 of them. One I gave to my husband. I also have a fuji z-1. It has its own cradle charger which is nice. I have another fuji that has a larger screen but no cradle. The pictures it take are a little grainy so I don't use it much. Last year I bought a Kodak camera that is bigger to take pictures at a friend of a friend's wedding. It's nice also. Has large pixels but it is bulky to carry around. Then I have a sony camcorder that records on 8mm tape. It is bulky also but I used it the other day to take pictures of the Metlife blimp when it was in the area. It has a nice zoom on it. And the other day I bought a little argus camera for 49 cents at DAV. I have downloaded the driver but I can't get it to work, yet... I am still working on it.
Didn't mean to type so much but I want this written down so years from now I can look back and see how much technology has changed. At this time, we don't use a cell phone except for emergencies. My husband and I use virgin mobile phones. They only cost $21.00 every 3 months to top off. And that includes the minutes. I have over $120 of minutes on my phone. I gave it to my daughter's boyfriend so he could have a phone. I don't know if he uses it or not. My husband's phone probably has $60 minute time. We just don't need them at this time.
OK. Back to the diet thing. I really don't exercise like I should. It just isn't fun. I need to find something to motivate me to exercise. I enjoy walking around at Goodwill and such. I just need to move around more. I hope to lose another 15 lbs. by next month. We are having our class reunion on October 10th. I have gone to all of my class reunions over the years. Here is the low down on where I was at in life every 5 years.

5 year reunion 1979 single Went with Jean Cullison. She really didn't want to go, but we were the last ones to leave.

10 year reunion 1984 Married to jim. The reunion was out at Oak Run by the lake. It was different. Jay Chivers got up on a picnic table and exposed himself by pulling up the leg on his shorts. Very interesting... He died in 2004, I believe.

15 year reunion 1989 My husband and I had been separated for a year. This was less than 2 months before the actually divorce. I got drunk and had my eye on a former classmate.

20 year reunion 1994 I was married to second husband, Jeff. We had a good time at the reunion.

25 year reunion 1999 Jeff and I were still married but we were having disagreements. I really think the computer had a lot to do with my mindset at the time. I had several people that I would talk to on ICQ. Jeff and I separated 1 month later. A classmate, Jeff Moore died on August 31 that year.

30 year reunion 2004 I was married to my third husband, Donnie. I enjoyed having him by my side. We stayed at my mom and dad's overnight to attend the 2 day event.

35 year reunion 2009 We didn't have the reunion in July like we used to. It is being planned now, like I said for October. This will be 5 days after Donnie's 60th birthday. We are planning on staying in a motel that night. The knox county scenic drive is that weekend also. It should be fun.

Ok. It is 3 am. I better go to bed. I'll write more later.
Oh, by the way, I am going to be on a local tv show called Paula Sands Live. I am going to show how to make my starched fabric decals. This is going to be on this Thursday. I am getting anxious. I was on her show in May with silicone ware and also 3 years before that with my crocheted plastic bag purses. I still have my silkworms and ironed plastic I can do. I had told myself in May I wanted to lose 20 lbs. before I went back on her show. Now it will be closer to 30. It is a great motivator for me.
And finally. I want to say that this medicine, meridia makes me very constipated. But it is better than having the runs! Gotta go! bye for now!

No comments: